Friday, September 14, 2012

They Wait

I finished another artwork. Actually this is the second one, I did another one with a different focus, and I really disliked it after it was finished. But I learned some things and a good coat of gesso over the canvas and it can start anew. No, I won't show it! (I know just who would say that!) So, here is the second one.

They Wait
(click for details)

On a 12 x 12 wrapped canvas, this is a collage/mixed media piece. The tree and photo were transferred; the tree was a bit tricky for transferring and I ended up painting most of it in. There's some soft texture and running and pooling of paint. I also used oil pastels.

Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

1 comment:

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!