Monday, January 25, 2016

A Little Nostalgia



I was going through some artwork that I had done a few years back and thought I'd share some of my favorites. The particular technique was a fairly easy one, but one that can be very expressive. You pick 3-4 colors of regular acrylic fluid paint, and then also put a glop of Golden OPEN Titanium White and Titan Buff on your palette or palette page. Using a palette knife, add the first colors, each in an area of the canvas, and let them overlap some. Then, immediately add a palette knife of the OPEN white and then some of the titan buff. Using your knife, drag it through the under colors. I liked putting the white at the top of the canvas, pulling it down, and the buff at the bottom and pulling up. I then used the knife to carve through the paint. Golden OPEN acrylic stays wet longer than the regular fluid acrylics and so you have more time to work with your paints. I've sold a few, but here are some I still have hanging in the house.

This is the first one I ever did, called Under The Ice of Venus.
I don't know if Venus has any ice, but that was the first thing I thought of!


This is The Coming Storm - you know how when the rain is beating against the window panes, and it distorts what's outside the window? That's what this made me think of!


The two above are on 12 x 12 wrapped canvases; the one below is on 18 x 24. Because of the designs I put into it, it made me think of a garden, and the artist famous for painting his gardens was Monet, so this is Monet's Garden. I think it's my husband's favorite!


Hope you enjoyed them! I think I'm going to have to make some more here soon.





CONNECT:
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!