Monday, November 7, 2011

A Long Hiatus

But not one I have taken purposefully! I have just been too drained to do much and have been enduring a long relapse. Today, just for today, I have a bit of energy. I will be honest and say that I have been struggling with the coming of winter and the cold, colorless months. I was surprised that I would have that much of an adjustment after moving here from Charleston, but I think having this illness makes it worse. I do not miss the Charleston summers, and the Autumn hues in this area are much more brilliant, but there was color in Charleston in January, and you could get out of doors and walk and play and garden and just sit. I have promised myself that I would try to do as much art as I can, nothing serious necessarily, but anything with COLOR! And we need to paint the rooms of the house, because they are still that flat grayish white builder paint, because we had no time to repaint before my illness struck, and in the worst months of that I could not have stood having that kind of commotion going on. But I think I could handle it better now and my husband agrees and so I will be looking into having something done there.

Meanwhile, I have been finishing up part of a class I have been taking; the early lessons are to get a foundation on the colorways, and I know I have shown some of these before, but here they are again, complete this time.

(click for details)

These are what I did with the paint left over after mixing different colors to make the squares in the last picture. Now I can use them for collages and altered art!



(click for details)

Color blocks on transparencies.



(click for details)

Colors hues and shades made by blending two different colors - quite a color range from a small group of paints!


Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back,love what your doing with the color.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very happy to see you at least had a small amount of energy today! Your art is always so colorful and brilliant to me. Painting your walls something besides gray would help you out during the cold months coming. I love you! And always am praying!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!