Sunday, June 24, 2012

Another Milk Carton Book Page

In my last post here, I wrote about beginning a new project  - making a book from milk carton paper. I've been a bit slow this week, I have had to rest more than usual, but I did a bit everyday and this is the second page:

Front
(click for details)

Back
(click for details)

The front is a mixed media collage; materials used include a chalk inks, acrylic paint, torn piece of a local map, buttons, embroidery thread, rubber stamping, oil pastels, and acrylic paint. The textured pot is a piece of the cardboard insulator used around a Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee cup, a green fabric strip for the stem, and flowers were cut and frayed from an old hankie. Very tiny silver beads were glued in the middle. The back (which is actually darker than is showing) is collaged strips of tissue paper, with some gold ground mica brushed over the surface, and then the edges were done with Gold Leaf pen. On the pot is a German stamp with the word GROEN, (means green in English).

This is fun to do; I hadn't realized that I missed doing the smaller pieces of art. I know I still do postcards, but it's nice to work on a project that will all be put together. I hope to make the book a cheerful piece of art!



Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

2 comments:

  1. lovely! the buttons are a great 3D addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the colors! It's a really cheerful piece already! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!