Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Gift Box Surprise!

For the Bloggerete Sorority Altered Cigar Box Swap Reveal Day, here is the lovely box I received from my partner,Debbie .

First, a lovely card to greet me:
(click on anything you want to see better)

Then this cute fella who brought along his carrots, Isn't he charming?

When the box was opened, you can see there is a lot of fun squeezed into the box, beginning with the vintage crocheted doily on top.

Three cute sheer fabric bags with goodies inside to use for altered art. Debbie lives in Oklahoma, the Sooner State. The tags are so cute! Don't you love the wooden carrot tag?

There were handmade pieces of art, a vintage photo, pages from an old French language book, and a small address book with a French cover.

Beads, baubles and game pieces.....

and really neat vintage buttons on top of a small glassine bag from an old drug store!


Many thanks Debbie, for the wonderful box crammed with fun, and with samples of your art. I know I will really enjoy the neat objects for my art projects. The box is now on my shelf, holding votive candles for my studio!

I look forward to seeing all the other boxes being shown today in the Great Reveal!
(If you want to see the box I sent, click here.)


Thanks Karen, for organizing this wonderful swap! :)

10 comments:

  1. you rec'd some great things...i really enjoyed this swap...stop by and see what GINGER and I traded...I'm your newest follower! ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO REBECCA,
    THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH FOR THE BEAUTIFUL PARISIAN ALTERED CIGAR BOX. I WILL ALWAYS TREASURE IT. YOU ARE SOO VERY TALENTED. SOME DAY I HOPE TO BE EVEN HALF AS GOOD AS YOU.
    I HAVE BEEN HAVING A TERRIBLE TIME WITH BLOGGER AND EARLY THIS MORNING WAS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS LET ME POST IN TWO WEEKS.
    I THOUGHT THE RABBIT HAD A SWEET PERSONALITY AND WOULD MAKE YOU SMILE WHEN YOU FEEL WEAK.
    HAPPY FALL
    HUGS AND PRAYERS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun box ! I love the rabbit and the inside too. Then add in all the little goodies...you got a great box.

    Now off to see yours !
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just been over to Debs and saw what you sent her. I really like your box from Deb, I love the rabbit-its adorable. The doily is lovely and all the baubles, I love them all. I see you also participate in KardKrazy, I love creating those tags too. Have a great fall day. I'm now a new follower.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she did a cute job! And packed it full of fun things. Now I'm off to see what you got her!
    I'm so happy you had a good time!
    Have a great weekend! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. She did an excellent job, and I love the rabbit! Just the right touch to make you smile I hope! It is full of all the things you love and hope you have a fun time with them all.
    I meant to tell you I received the scrap card you did for me, yesterday, and took it to the hospital with me so I felt like you were there too. I love the way it sparkles and all the little different aspects to look at and examine. It is a treasure for sure! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great swap box I love the rabbit top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your box is so cute! Loved all those buttons!!! Swoon!! Great fun for all of us!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is the top of you box! I love all the little goodies that you got. And that card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute box, filled with great goodies. Love the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!