Saturday, June 25, 2011

Er, what is that??

That may be what some people think when they see this painting.....

(click for details)

..... but it's an exercise for a painting class I am taking online. The exercise is to create depth without hard "lines of demarcation" between colors. It was not an easy thing to do, but I learned a lot. The scan shows more demarcation than is really there - it looks much better in person! My teachers liked it, so I'm happy about that and am moving on to the next lesson.

The name of the class is Chaos and Calm, Over the Edge Painting Techniques. If you are interested in the class, and others that are offered, click here. I never thought much about contemporary art until I started with the other class I was taking, Mixed Media Melange. Now I find I like it and look forward to learning more!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you know I love the color!!! It looks like the loop de loop roller coaster I have been on, lol. OK, I admit I'm still not sure what it is but, I LOVE the color! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!