Friday, March 23, 2012

Second Part of the Lesson


Working again on a 12 x 12 canvas for the workshop, here is the 2nd part of the lesson, using the tinted gel texture. I am in a global postcard group, and I received this wonderful picture of a Dutch Boat from Holland, and I was really so taken with the texture on this boat, that I had to do a painting of it, and I decided to give it a go with the tinted gel mixture. I made two different colors of gel medium mix, one a little darker than the other, and I had lightly sketched the boat on the canvas. Here is the gel medium layer: (you can see the postcard in the background)


And here is the final picture. This is a mixed media painting - gel medium, acrylic paint, Stabilo pencils, Micron pen and Oil Pastels. I put to use some things I learned in other classes:

(click for details)

AND NOW  ~~ It's going to hang in the living room! (as soon as I get it framed)

WHOO HOO - I'm excited!!! :)



Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

4 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, love the colors and that texture.
    Love to see it framed when you hang it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh...ditto Amy's comment!!
    it is beautiful!!
    i so can not draw and am always impressed with those who can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome painting, mom :) I think it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I LOVE it! The way you use texture is awesome. This would will look great in your living room for sure!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!