Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Three Leaves and a Heart

Another painting to go into my Etsy store, BelleSouth Studio. I think this got a bit too dark, but I am going to post it anyway. 

Three Leaves and a Heart
(click for details)

It is another mixed media on wrapped canvas, including acrylic paint, oil pastels and collage. I tore a strip off of a collaged piece of Tyvek, which is on the right side and put a bit of it on the left upper corner. In the lower right corner, I attached a piece of torn heavy tissue which I wrinkled first before attaching. It is mostly done with oil pastels. Ready to hang with no framing necessary!

So, at least I am being able to do some art, for which I am extremely grateful!

And on the home front, we have 2 bluebird nests with 5 eggs in each of them already! They were laying them even though the weather was going down into the low 30's every night and there was frozen water the next day. I was amazed when I found them on a windy blustery day! Bluebirds are pretty hearty. The is the slowest Spring I can remember since we moved up here. And we still have some cool weather to come. I hope I remember this when it becomes really hot!


Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

3 comments:

  1. You make very interesting art! I enjoy looking at your work. Thanks for sharing yourself in this unique way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're sharing it too :) and hurray for bird eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really fine art to me! I love all the textures you use, it makes it come alive. I am so happy that you are able to do this, but don't do too much! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!