Monday, March 31, 2014

Photography Processing

I have always loved photography and am now expanding into that bit by bit. Since I can only travel once in a while, and then not very far, I have come to see that there is much in "my own back yard" that I can use as photographic fodder. I have also fallen in love with processing a photo, by using Photoshop and textures. I am still in the beginnings of understanding that, but it's fun. Because of the cognitive issues associated with ME, I tire very easily when doing it, because I am not at the point where it is second nature. But it's so enjoyable, and I am hoping my skills will expand over the next few months.

(click to see details)
This is a simple pile of rocks on the side area of our property. I took a shot while they were lightly dusted with snow and then processed it with filters and other steps to make a nice graphic image


(click to see details)
In an area we call "the meadow" (mainly because we don't mow there!), we have wild daisies in the spring. This shot was processed with several layers of textured backgrounds and then I colored in the middle of the daisies.


(click to see details)
The Iceland Poppy is a free stock photo which I again added to it texture layers, ending with one which had words printed from an old hymn. Someone purchased a copy of this with matting and a frame and it looked gorgeous. 

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Lovely shots - I have a friend who takes the most magnificient shots just in her back yard! Looks like you'll be able to do the same! She also manipulates photos & has fabric printed. Technology is wonderful & I'm so pleased to have friends that use it so well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!