Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy New Year

Wishing you a Happy New Year, 3 days into 2015. Still pretty much new, though, so I am sure you won't mind another New Year's greeting. Did you make resolutions? Years ago, I decided that the only resolution I would make from then on, was to make NO resolutions at all. It was immensely calming, knowing I would not have to feel defeated when something did not work out the way I resolved for it to do!


I do, however, like to think about what directions I'd like to go, and what projects I'd like to pursue. And of course, I always hope that this is the year a breakthrough is made in solving the puzzle of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, the disease I struggle with, but of course that is out of my hands. But as far as projects and directions, I do have a few ideas.

One of the projects I would like to see accomplished is to have my work hanging in a local gallery. There are possibilities there, but not anything I can discuss at the moment. Of course, I want to continue improving in my artistic creations, especially in working with encaustics. I purchased a small bottle of propane a few days ago to use in smoothing the wax. I just have to get over my fear of having it explode in my hands, or setting the house on fire! But I am eager to try it, so I will have to will myself to proceed, with caution of course!

Also, before the end of last year, I had determined that I really needed to cull things from my studio and give myself a peaceful place to create art. And I have already begun in that area, giving away some things I no longer needed or used. And I will probably have more to give away as I keep going. I think it's easier to accomplish something like this by beginning before the Day of Resolutions, because the momentum is already there! Flat surfaces will probably always be a problem for me, (always wanting to fill any flat surfaces!) but since I am emptying drawers and baskets, then there is more room for the items cluttering these flat surfaces. 

And it's my desire to keep up with my blog regularly, though I can't say it will be each day, because of my health. But I want to share my thoughts and projects with you, and also some insight into a couple of books that have come my way. And I look forward to being inspired by other artists and by my blog readers. So, please share if you have any thoughts or comments about what you are doing that may benefit others.

Most of all, I would love to see 2015 be a year of blessing for so many people who have been in such hard struggles for the past few years. That is out of my hands as well, but I can pray for this and try to be a blessing in small ways to others. So many people have done the same for me.

May you have a healthy and productive 2015!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Rebecca, I am so looking forward to you blogs in 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!