Friday, November 12, 2010

ATCDivas November ATCs

For November, the challenge was to make ATCs with a Pilgrim or Indian/Native American. And make six to send out. Here is mine:

From the Past

(click to see detail)

I found these cute plastic mini figures of Indians on horseback, but they were in primary colors, so I painted them with Ranger Alcohol ink in metallic copper. I made the mini envelope from papers from Tim Holtz Nostalgic line and adhered it to the background. The Indians are held on with a jump ring through an eyelet on the envelope. To finish it, I used fabric leaves and bronze gems. Distress ink and Sakura pens used for detail. Inside the envelope are game discs (also in primary colors, spray paint changed that!) used to depict shields with two feathers attached to each one. 

It seems simple, but it took awhile to paint each of the figures and discs! Turned out pretty well, I think.

3 comments:

  1. It's so cute! I love the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of work and it turned out beautiful...as always! Love the details! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! fantastic atc and what a great idea for the plastic figures . I thought they were metal :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!