Thursday, February 10, 2011

Theme Thursday - Words, an ATC

Still feeling rather blah today, as I have all week and not really sure why exactly. Could it be because I am waiting for a parcel of supplies I ordered to come in before I can work on my next art lesson? Perhaps it's because my husband had surgery on Friday and it's been a long week? (thankfully, he is slowly healing!) Or maybe because of the ongoing stress we are dealing with from another source. Whatever it is, and it could very well be a combination of the above things, I am determined to at least create something and it doesn't have to be spectacular, just something from me. So, I'm thankful for Theme Thursday today, it gives me a reason to do putter about with art.

 The theme today on Theme Thursday is "words". My creation is again on the simple side (for me) as was the one on Tuesday but I am just happy to be doing something!

(click for detail)

This is an ATC with a line of poetry, Sweet calm days in golden haze, Melt down the amber sky from John Greenleaf Whittier's My Psalm 39. I think those are just beautiful words! The number two is a chipboard piece, distressing inks were used as was a Spica pen and Tim Holtz tape at the corner.

Also today I caught up on sending out postcards on Postcrossing. I sent to Canada, Great Britain, Taiwan, Ukraine, Spain, Belarus and the US. I have received some really nice cards recently from Italy, France, Russia, Lithuania, Finland and Ireland. I have quite a collection now (but still very small compared to some folks!) and really enjoy this small way to spread good feelings across the world. It's always a fun day when I get postcards!

5 comments:

  1. I hope today is a better day! I think sometimes simple can be fantastic and your ATC is a perfect example of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very stunning in it's simplicity. I love the poetry. Hope you have much better days ahead. Praying and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, aspecially the poststamps

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!