Monday, April 30, 2012

Journal Collage Page

Just playing in my journal, pulling colors together. It's interesting, I started doing this page because I was struggling with feeling blue about certain things, and then the joy came from deep within. What a blessing!

(click for details)

Mixed Media; I attached some pages from a vintage French magazine, and an illustration in my image drawer, then just started placing paint colors on the page. After that all dried, I inked it with rubber stamps, began looking for scraps to tie in with the colors (including postage stamps) and in the end, I found the JOY piece. It looks just right up there!

Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!


2 comments:

  1. I really like it. It's funny, how the mushrooms are so perfect. I mean, if someone said, "Think of something that brings you joy," mushrooms would not be in the top 10... or 100! But they totally make the piece! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this - great colour you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!