Saturday, August 20, 2011

Art and Cleanliness - Compatible?

Arrrgghghh ............. I did it again! Working on something and getting it messy in my exuberance. This time I was making a postcard out of foam core board and stamped tissue which I had torn into pieces. I don't think I have ever created a postcard where I didn't get smudges or worse on the back where one is supposed to write a message. In this case, I was adhering the tissue strips with polymer medium, and some of the tissue ran so my fingers became stained and before I knew what was happening, I found smudges all over the back. It was a new process for me and I was having quite a bit of fun. The instructions called for doing it on mat board, but I only had foam core board, so that's what I used.

Not that it would have made any difference to use what it called for- I would have smudged whatever I used. I have a painting I'm working on right now, and there are spatters where I don't want them, and other things, but I can correct them with patience and more paint. But a postcard back ............. well, that rather defeats the purpose of creating something fairly quickly which you can then send off to a friend, if you have to stop and paint the back to make it look decent! Bah!

Well, anyway, here is the piece. The girl's face image was already a bit disfigured on the photo, and it's kind of hard to get the true color when you have used Gloss Polymer Medium.

(click for detail)

Hope you had a nice Saturday!


1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it, your art is always so remarkable to me. The card is beautiful and I love the textures, depth and colors! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!