Saturday, August 13, 2011

Milestone!

This past Wednesday, August 10, was a milestone for me. For the first time in over 3 years, I was up on my feet more than I was lying down! On Thursday and Friday I was really worn out, but I expected it. It's overall very encouraging because over the past few weeks, I can tell an inner difference in how I'm feeling. I know that  healing will be slow, and that I may never be back to where I was before this illness struck, but I am alright with that. One of my main desires is that I remember all the lessons God taught me, and is still teaching me, through this illness.

Over the past few weeks, I have been able to do some of the many, many things which have piled up over the years - clear off a desk in the bedroom, clear off my worktable and drawing table in my studio, organize the postcards I'ver received from Postcrossing, sort through a couple of small cardboard boxes, designed some greeting cards and many other small but significant (to me) things. I have a good friend from my church who has come over several Friday mornings and helped me turn the spare room into a guest bedroom instead of a room holding a lot of stuff. Some of the time I just sat while she worked, but it was fun to be part of it. There is still more to do in there but it looks much more like a bedroom now!

And today I even did my tag for the next Tag Tuesday challenge I will host on Aug. 16th!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So very happy to hear you are doing better.
    Many prayers for the healing to continue.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so thrilling to hear that! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! How happy you sound and it is awesome to hear you are doing so well!!! I am dancing a jig for you! I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!