I have been wanting to create art for some time, but have been prevented by health issues and time constraints. I started a project on Saturday, sort of an experiment, and thought I would show the steps of what I am doing. In this post I showed some paint on deliwrap papers, paint I was using up as I worked on lesson from the workshop. I used those papers in this project. I covered a piece of foam core board with some of the papers in anticipation of making them into postcards.
I covered the piece of foam core with Polymer Medium as glue
then I added the painted deliwrap papers, some whole sheets and some torn ones.
After the glue dries, the board is bending, so I put some old very heavy flat irons on it to help it flatten out and leave it for awhile.
This step I really should have done first, but I measured it to see how many 4 x 6 postcards I could get out of it and cut the piece down with a rotary cutter.
I measured out the postcards and drew lines to help in placement of the collage pieces and for cutting purposes later.
While that was drying, I started sorting through my collection of scraps; some are held in this old red metal shoeshine box.
I love the old shoe form on the inside of the lid! And this is not the only container of small scraps and bits. I still struggle with the best organizational methods for this art genre!
Here are just two drawers of old papers and images. They add up fast!
These are what I have chosen to sort through for this project. Since the colors of the base are so bright, I am looking for more neutral add-ons, plus some fibers for texture.
This is the first layer drying.
Click on any of the photos if you want to see more detail.
I will continue to work on the project this week and take more pictures. The painted deliwrap papers also make a textural contribution, and I am enjoying this process very much. Check back later to see how it's progressing!