Monday, January 16, 2012

Another Project

Well, all of the art collage postcards were sent, a couple of them have been received and it was reported that they arrived unscathed. Two are going out of country, one to the UK and the other to New Zealand, so I won't hear about them for awhile. I am hoping that the others in the US will let me know as soon as they arrive; today was a postal holiday so it may be in the next day or so.


I've started another project, but it may take me a little longer. The ME/CFS symptoms of crushing fatigue, insomnia, muddled mind and  more have been ramping up this past week. (I couldn't get to sleep last night until about 5 am, and this was with taking meds!) Ugh. I know that the Postcard Project probably took a hit on my health, but I get so tired of just lying down!!! 


Anyway, I'll see if I can pace myself better on this small project!


IDEA/INSPIRATION BOARD

I'm too embarrassed to tell you how long I have had this cork board; I purchased it with the idea of making it a place to put photos, cards and the like for inspiration and encouragement. It has been sitting, waiting for me to feel motivated to do something with it. My original idea seemed a bit overwhelming to me now, so I asked myself "What can I do now, at this moment? What would be the easiest?" and from that I set off!


I had bought this Gaffer tape to put around the frame, but it was not quite long enough, and when I searched the Internet to purchase another roll, I found out it isn't made any more! So, scratch that idea.



I'm thinking of doing a tissue collage around the frame, so I covered the slick wood with gesso to give it some teeth.



Then I pulled out some craft paints that have been left over from long ago, and decided to do a "paint/stain" covering across the cork. I mixed together the ivory craft paint, generous  amounts of glazing liquid, and water to cover the cork.



This was when I was about halfway done. It's all dry now, and I have some ideas about how to proceed, which I will document as I go along. Now I have to rest and try to come back from this relapse!

Click on any picture to see it closer.


Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!