Friday, February 10, 2012

A Couple of Art Pieces

Lately on Postcrossing, some of the recipients I've drawn stated that they liked handmade postcards, among other listed choices. So I thought I'd try to make a few to have on hand to send out the next time that choice is mentioned. Here are two I've done so far:

(click for details)

(click for details)

These are actually altered postcards; I had received one or two postcards which were either duplicates of one I had received before, or too similar to another building in the same city. So now I will attach card stock to the backs, write a note, stamp it and send them off! I recycled mesh from a lemon bag and pink paper from a bouquet, and used cancelled postage stamps, rubber stamping, Japanese rice papers, thread, Silver and Gold Leaf Pen, Golden Bead Gel, blue mica chips, acrylic paints, and tissue paper. 



(click for details)
This is an unfinished project; it's collage on deliwrap paper and acrylic paints. The collage includes printed tissue, book pages, cording, torn handkerchiefs, torn heart doily, red flower netting, Japanese rice papers, and paint stained paper towels. It will be the background for further adornment!



Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

2 comments:

  1. Love your textures. Let me know if you want to exchange mail art sometime.
    peace,
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore them all! Maybe you will get my name in the Postcrossing project, and I will get one.....Hahahah, well, I can dream anyway. I too, love the textures of your art. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!