Saturday, February 11, 2012

Yahoo! PLAY!!

Today, for the first time since around Thanksgiving, I felt like doing art all day long! Of course, I can't just yet and fatigue and exhaustion caught up with me, but it was grand to be up in my studio. When I did the foamcore board postcards a few weeks ago, I could only spend a couple of hours at a time, and some days I just had to push myself. And I realize that those days may revisit me, but I am excited about this day!!

Speaking of foamcore postcards, I started another batch! The two postcards shown in yesterday's post have already been mailed out! So, I thought I better get a move on and do some in a larger batch. Do you remember this tissue paper from another post?

Bright primary colors, juvenile images, not really my style.

BUT..... that becomes this:
(click for details)

(click for details)
With a little bit of paint, stenciling and other alterations. I tore the tissue into chunks and adhered it to a piece of 12 x 18 foamcore board. This is just the beginning, I will be adding much more to it and then will cut them up into another set of nine postcards. It needs to rest and dry, and I need to simply rest!! But I'm excited about what they will become!

While I was photographing these pictures, there was a lot of activity at the little bird feeder hung up outside my window, so I managed to get a couple of shots of a titmouse.

The feeder has shelled peanuts in it.

The Titmouse watched me for a second or two.....

.....then went right back to eating. This little feeder attracts House Finch, Purple Finch, Titmice, Carolina Wrens, Brown Headed Nuthatch and Black Headed Nuthatch. They are used to me sitting just a foot or two away and will empty the feeder very fast, especially on a day like today which was much colder than it has been!

Okay, I'm tired and achy now, I need to go find a small piece of chocolate!

Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!


1 comment:

  1. How delightful you had such a good day and that titmouse is adorable,one of my favorites.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!