Thursday, January 6, 2011

Theme Thursday - Vintage Children

And so today's theme on Theme Thursday is vintage children. The example she put on her page is lovely in its simplicity. I can't seem to do simple  ::::::::::::sigh:::::::::::: which I'm sure is ok, that's just how I do things!

(click for details)

Done on a 4 x 4, I started out with an image from an old French postcard I have in my stash and went from there. Background is a fragment of a torn dictionary page and some old printed paper; I added some stripes with colored pencils and pastel chalk, torn netting and a small tag. Then I added some twisted colored fibers, a turquoise headed brad, a stamp from Italy, and some gem swirls. Distress inks and Sakura pens used for accents.

I'm not sure when I will post again, because my studio is going to be undergoing a major reorganization. With the help of one of the very friendly staff at The Container Store, I designed a drawer storage unit which I sincerely hope will help me tame the Messy Monster! I'm not foolish enough to think it will always stay neat and tidy up here (BOORRRING!) but I hope at least it will cut down on my tripping over things as I go in and out, and I won't "lose" things so quickly. One can always hope!! This may be done slowly, depending on my energy level and my family's help.


AND....... my daughter posted this on Facebook, and as most of my readers know I am a big fan of Steampunk. THIS IS GRAND!!!

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! You do well with a lot of elements so you should stick with that approach!! I like the sweet touches of color!
    Good luck with the organization!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just GORGEOUS! Love your style! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful collage, so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you don't do simple so much! It's all the little bits and pieces that you use that intrigues me, makes it so interesting to peruse. This one is very nice and I love the colors and style of it. LOVED the video since I love the steampunk too, such imagination and fun! Love you! Have fun with your reorganization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful image and fantastic background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic piece of artwork. i love the colour contrasts as well as the beautiful textural contrast.
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a lovely mix of colors and textures! and the boys are just too sweet! What an amazing video! I love the steampunk too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!