Friday, July 16, 2010

All Drama, No Rain

Once again the clouds built up over the small mountain range just to the north, rumbled loud enough to make the dogs bark and then moved around us. We are so dry here and need rain badly! For a couple of weeks now, I hear the tantalizing promise of a storm, only to have it sneak away after a hour or two. Then the sky looks innocent, as if I dreamed the whole thing up. We are praying for rain!

I am a swap coordinator with a group on Swap-Bot (have I mentioned that before? Sorry!) and today I started a new one for a Skinny, which is a 3 x 5 piece of art. It's called Ink A Thing, using anything (other than a rubber stamp) to stamp inks to make a design. It's quick and easy:
I used styrofoam, small sponge, ink over lace, pencil eraser, crumpled paper towel and a wet baby wipe with chalk inks and black Stayz-On ink. The background was a greenish colored paper. Looks sort of Impressionistic, doesn't it?

Hot, hot, hot. I have two fans going in my studio, since it is tucked away on the 3rd floor of our house. It's actually the only room on the 3rd floor. When we bought the house, it was called a 2 1/2 story house, which I thought was a strange description. But I guess that's easier than saying "Two story house with extra small room on top"!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous background, makes me want to stamp with other things too :)
    Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this piece. I think I will try it? What is your Swap Bot? You can e-mail me directly if you like

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the summer monsoons. But I'd get depressed when they missed us! We used to have a place in Lake Havasu, AZ and I could sit and watch the storms roll in each afternoon and was in pure Heaven.
    We are very dry in So Cal. too. And we don't get summer storms, we have to stick it out until the rain season begins - usually not until Sept or Oct. !!!!!
    Hope you get your storms. Think of me!!!
    :) Karen ~ Some days are diamonds
    By the way - why don't you do a post on your studio on the 3rd floor! I'd love to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!