Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasure Under The Sea

Hoo boy, I am tired today! We had to move some things from our daughter's small garage, which she had been kind enough to hold onto for us since we moved up here. I just felt that it was time to clear the stuff out of her way and move it to the barn. Of course, I couldn't help with any of the work, but I was there to give input as to what was what and what we could throw away or give away. Thankfully, our daughter had a strong male friend who was willing to give us a hand and now it is safely in our barn. But it was soooo hot, and the air is very humid and it just seems to suck the life out of you if you are out there too long. I am thankful for cool, clear water! It's something we don't often think about, we just turn on the tap and it's there. But if you ever travel to a 3rd world country, you'd be struck by how what we take for granted is so scarce or non-existent. Drinkable water is a precious convenience!

On to art! Yesterday I got some new stamps in the mail from Oxford Impressions and even though I was already tired, I couldn't wait to play with them.  I had a Skinny due for the letter U, and this is what came together:
I used the diver rubber stamp and colored it with stardust pens; glass micro beads form the coral. I then used some blue netting to make, well.... a net! and then added some black cord and inserted a metal letter U covered with metallic paint and 2 "jeweled" brads. Background is water color and a little metallic paint with glimmermist. So the brave diver captured the treasured letter U and is hauling it up.

Ok, I'm tired, but doesn't all of our art tell some sort of story? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I sure believe it does.
    Please rest before it takes you down for days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! And yes, art does tell stories!
    Angela
    www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual your art is delightful! And yes, make sure you rest. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cool! And all based on the letter U. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love the stamps? this is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!