Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tag Tuesday-Christmas In July (Colors!) and other red things

Tag Tuesday time again at Kard Krazy and Louise has an interesting one today - the red and greens of Christmas without Christmas! It was fun to think of red and green on a hot day.
So I had a Ticket to Ride.... to Paris! The background is a collage of scraps that I made a couple of weeks back and copied it so I could use it more than once (see below). I added a little Eiffel Tower, a red and green ticket, decorative tape, "pearls" dyed with alcohol inks, tiny red foil hearts, a pewter heart and red and green ribbon. Sakura pens were used for accents.

I think probably all of us have a scrap box, it's hard to throw anything away! I plundered through mine and made this collage sheet from odds and ends, including some fibers and a piece of left over dyed baby wipe. It has remnants of tissue paper, card stock, song sheets, and decorative bits and pieces trimmed from other projects And a good spritz of Glimmermist. Artistic recycling!
It's been a yucky two days for various reasons and I had a real spirit lifter while I was working on the tag for today's challenge. I glanced out of my window just in time to see a gorgeous red headed woodpecker flying away from the bird feeder. You just don't see them very often and it's the first one I have seen at the feeders since we set them up a year ago. 

As I was gazing at the tree where it had landed, more movement at the feeder area caught my eye and I watched in delight as a pair of bluebirds took turns bathing in the bird bath. The male was very polite in letting the female go first. They splashed about for several minutes then flew up to perch on one of the feeder holders to preen. 

God knew just what I needed to see!





14 comments:

  1. I love your tag. I love anything Paris-themed! I love all the color and textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous travel tag in Christmas colors. Love your scrap collage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag! I love McMona too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your "artistic recycling"...made for a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is an extraordinary bit of art, such fun! Love that collage sheet you created with scraps, so clever. I was charmed by your encounters with your feathered visitors, thanks for sharing.
    bless you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad that through your art and the lords creations you have found some joy after a few rough days.

    I am just captivated by your art! I have become more and more interested in Mixed Media and do believe I will be doing more of it.

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving the sweet comment. As a newbie all comments are so exciting. I hope that I never lose this feeling.

    I am looking forward to joining in on the fun with the Bloggerette Sorority~ Sherry F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with a Parisian vibe and I love it. What a wonderful tag you have created. TFS. Lynne M (made my tag but still to photograph!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Parisian theme in green and red! Great tag. (I totally love the bluebird, photo, too!! What a treat that must have been.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos and your card is super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great use of your scraps and a lovely tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and fun tag! I looooove your scrappy collage background, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful tag and great use of the colors! Nice to have such cute visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful Tag, I also think that picture of the birds is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!