Friday, July 2, 2010

A Happy Birthday!

Today I celebrated my 62nd birthday with my husband and daughter. Tabitha made a delicious luncheon of Gazpacho, edamame hummus & crackers and blackened chicken. For dessert, she made a divine dish of Plum Crisp with a mixture of plums and pluets. It is the most exquisite of desserts, especially warm from the oven, with vanilla soy ice cream on it! I do not think I will be eating dinner tonight! My husband painted a little watercolor card for me and gave me an art book, and Tabitha gave me an assortment of beautiful microbeads. And in addition to that, I had a surprise gift - I noticed in the paper an article about the drop in mortgage interest rates, so we called our bank, and we have locked in on a fantastic rate, which will have us free and clear of house payments in just a few years! Joy comes from surprising places sometimes.


I was working on an ATC for a Fontastic Letter ATC swap, where I design a swap using a word my partner chooses. My partner chose gražus (beautiful in Lithuanian) and I came up with this:



I collaged two shades of green tissue and while it was wet, sprinkled art glitter over it. The I cut it into inchies and hand drew a letter, topped that with glue, then added glass microbeads. The background is a patterned tissue paper with distress inks, accented with Sakura starlight pens, and then bordered with a copper metallic marker. More bling than appears in the photo, as usual! I wish I could figure out how to make the sparkle show-argh. Anyway, the gift of beads from my daughter came just at the right time. 

Now, I will go rest some more so I don't overdo it today. It was a great birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What a truly blessed day you had! Good news on the mortgage, God certainly knows how to surprise us! I love you and glad you are my oh so talented, smart, witty, wise, beautiful and wonderful sister! Your cards are beautiful, as usual!

    Bunches of blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!