Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday Postcard Art - Owls

Over at Sunday Postcard Art the theme this week is Owls. Having said that, I now present this:
I used a color image from an old 1925 book about birds, altered it with Spica, Sakura and Micron pens and brushes. Distress ink was added, along with some ephemera from Tim Holtz and it was finished off with a rubber stamp sentiment at the top. Hooray for Sundays and Owls!

On another note, I am becoming quite overwhelmed with all of the wonderful and fabulous companies which design and sell rubber stamps! I have added many to my collection over the past weeks and today I found another company! It makes it so hard to choose, and to stick to a budget. It seems that every other blog I read mentions another enticing stamp which calls out to be added to my collection. What's a poor artist to do??

22 comments:

  1. I must say I just love this one! That owl is fabulous. I love the color of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a unique image...beautifully displayed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Owl is outstanding! The colors are wonderful! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Rebecca!

    I sympathise with you about the stamps - always something new coming out that's a "must have"!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your owl is wonderful!!! I love owls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is stunning.
    Very impressive creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've altered this owl perfectly, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB collage!!! and waht a great pic you used. GREAT collage piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great piece - love that owl!

    In respect of which stamps to buy, I think you have answered your own question, in the use of the word 'poor'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very impressive!!!
    Stunning work. Love your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful creation. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous owl, and you've enhanced it to perfection! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, I love the way you have coloured your owl x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous postcard; love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is stunning Rebecca, what a great piece, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for your very sweet comments. I hope that I have not misled anyone, this was a colored image from a book which I enhanced with pens, distress inks and added things. I don't want to take credit for the drawing itself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great image!!! I know what you mean with the rubber stamps I am an addict for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!