Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Heart, and Back in the Day

Tag Tuesday aKardKrazy is on again today and the theme is heart or hearts. Here is my entry:
The title is La Ballerina; obviously it is a vintage figure, which I altered with Spica and Micron pens and put it on a background of alcohol inks blended with a metallic blender. A swath of crumpled gold foil is held in place by an old jewelry finding and the tag is topped off with a beaded flourish.


Yesterday I did an ATC for a swap entitled "When I Was Born..." which had to include the year you were born. So, truth time! It wasn't hard to see the cost differences between then and now, and I included part of an old advertisement which underscores the view then of the importance of Women In The Kitchen!
I hand drew a postage cancellation with my birthday and birthplace. I don't think too many women today would think being crowned with a sauce pot was a good thing!

20 comments:

  1. I love your tag for its elegance and sheer beauty. Gorgeous use of the alcohol inks and metallics and the vintage figure. I love the ATC, too. What a fun piece! Things were certainly different. My baby brother was 6 weeks old when you were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is an over-the-top tag! It is rich and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous tag! Beautiful embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that heart you found! Gorgeous tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is gorgeous. It has so much movement and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag and I love the birthday card, same year as me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sister Belle,
    I love your tag and ATC. Fellow sister Wendy and I are starting an ATC Swap. Please come and join us! You are so talented and would be a great asset to the swap.
    Debbie
    http://blissfullatcswap.blogspot.com/
    Come over and check us out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors! Your tag is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is just beautiful.. I just love that little jewel.. And Your ATC is also wonderful. I love that old vintage feel..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your tag is so beautiful!!! How on earth did you make it? It is fantastic!
    Hugs from me,
    Cindy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tag is sooo beautiful, it's fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rebecca--your tag is beautiful! I really like the ATC, also--thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I read your profile--we must be kindred souls, as I, too, have bird feeders in the backyard and have been enjoying wild birds for many years. Here in our area I mostly have house finches, mourning doves, robins, yellow-billed magpies, northern mockingbirds, Annas hummingbirds, and a lone scrub jay visiting my yard daily. We've had other migratory birds visit different times of the year, but these are the ones who are here most of the time year-round. I hope you are having a nice week! It's pretty hot here. Take care! ~Jann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful use of the heart embellishment on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful tag, beautiful image and great heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhh Thats so pretty.love the addition of the gold foil, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tag for the heart challenge - that heart is fabulous! Your year you were born ATC is priceless! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!