Thursday, August 9, 2012

REDUX

You may remember I posted an art piece on the blog on Monday, inviting critique. I really wasn't that pleased with it, and wanted some other view points. The views I received were 100% that it could be improved, so here is the before and after.

(click for details)
(click for details)

I pulled off the tag and the fibers, and sanded down the area. I repainted, collaged scrap papers to the area, added some more paint and then adhered an old clip from my metal scrap stash with some bits of fiber in it. I really do like this a lot more! There is more interest and your eye moves around it better. I think I will save the tags to add to postcards, they don't seem to work well on canvas pieces.

If you want more details about the original art piece, click here.

Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!

3 comments:

  1. hooray!!! so much better! It really does move and looks like a more coherent piece now. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that husband's sometmes have really good ideas? Are you feeling a little better these last few days or are you pushing yourself to do stuff? Glad you are working - just love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!