Friday, August 31, 2012

Simple Card

A very thoughtful lady from our church gave me a good sized box crammed with rubber stamps and many different colors of inkpads. I was floored with how much stuff she put into that box! Although I usually use rubber stamps when I make cards, occasionally I will use them on artworks, or frequently on postcards. It was like an early Christmas, or a late birthday! So I made her a simple card to thank her.

(click for details)

The card size is 5.5 x 4.25, cut out of card stock. I then crumbled some green paper that had come from a bouquet of flowers and glued that to the front. I chose a heart stamp which had been in the box and using red ink, stamped it on some paper that had faint printing on it, then tore it out. It's attached to some colored paper which I spritzed some ink on. The little ribbon with the birds was glued on the top. I hope she likes it! 

John and Tabitha left today for New Jersey to help celebrate his aunt's 90th birthday. They will be gone for 6 days and it will be the first time I've been alone for that length of time since I came down with this illness. But I am not really alone - I have the Lord and 2 dogs here (and a cat and fish, but they aren't very sociable)! I'm hoping that I can get some art work done and work on knowing when to go rest. I hope they have a wonderful time with the relatives!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!

Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and it sounds like a fabulous gift box! I'll be praying for you while you are fending for yourself, stay in His Light!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!