Sunday, August 26, 2012

Taoist Fairy

I finished my media/collage painting.

Mo-ku-hsien, Taoist Fairy
(click for details)

Until I found this image, I didn't know that Japanese literature included fairies. She always has her deer in attendance.

The image is a color transfer, and other images are transferred and then collaged on top of the transfer. Background is acrylic paint with oil pastels. I also included tiny Italian square ceramic beads, paper flowers and 3 tiny rolled scrolls. It's on 12 x 12 wrapped gallery canvas. Enjoy!


Come see my latest postcards I've received on Postcards Buffet!




3 comments:

  1. This is really lovely I think! I love the colors and the feel of it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a peaceful looking fairy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!