Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tag Tuesday- Summer

So thankful that I woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday! What a blessing! I pray that I would never take being healthy for granted, should the Lord bring me completely out of this illness.

Today Louise at KardKrazy is celebrating summer as the season deepens this weekend. So we are all going along by designing a Summer Tag for the challenge. This one spans two weeks, so take a good long look! :)



I just had to use this ceramic watermelon slice and so that set my color palette. The image is from a vintage advertising card; I used Distress Inks, decorative tape, Stickles (which don't show, as usual), a tiny bird brad, brown ribbon with pink stitching and Sakura pens for accent. Are you feeling the summer glow yet?

Then I went on to another project, designing a card and envelope for a friend. She is an acupuncturist and her business is doing so well, she is expanding into the offices next door. I first made the framed altered piece below a few days ago:

 It's an image from Vintage Printable which you may have seen in an ATC form on my blog. This is 8.5 x 11 size, printed on handmade paper, altered with Micron pens, opaque pen, and Sakura pens, then stamped with Chinese characters for Friend, Joy, and Fortunate. Here's the card and envelope:


If anyone had told me yesterday that I would be able to be so creative this morning, I would have had a hard time believing it, but as always, with God, all things are possible!

13 comments:

  1. Love your pretty tag! I love to scrap book and haven't been able to in a few years! I'm going to get back into it! Little tags should be a great way to ease back in! Thanks for your creativeness and inspiration.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really, really, creative tag! I LOVE it! The colors, image and design are so....summer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I recognize that ceramic watermelon... :) it looks one of those ceramic buttons you use to add to my clothes... I think it has fulfilled its true destiny on this tag instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful tag! I haven't seen any image with a watermelon for....forever! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, such a wonderful background and great image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please Email me your Email address and we'll chat! There is LOTS you can do! YAY!
    kdecapite@gmail.com
    :) Karen
    SOme days are diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your watermelon/summer tag. The background papers are just right for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the melon on your tag - that is a great summer idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love watermelon and your tag is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super tag! Love that watermelon and all the images! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tag is so cute and so vintagey. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tag is great...the watermelon made me smile...and really says summer!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!