Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Tag for Men


I joined a Tag Tuesday Challenge at Kard Krazy and this week's challenge theme for making a tag is "Men", in honor of Father's Day coming up. I cut up a copy of an old humorous postcard I had and touched it up with Micron pens and brush pens. I stained the tag with a color wash and distressed inks, used Micron pens again and added some ribbon. The metal pieces are from Tim Holtz, except for the brad. For any readers who may not know, back in the day when automobiles were becoming popular, some of them had to be cranked to start and some had a new fangled starter button you just had to push. The cranks were difficult, sometimes even causing injury to the person trying to turn it. I love the drawings!

14 comments:

  1. Not sure if my comment was saved - had a blip. Anyway, this tag is such fun and love the metal details. TFS. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tag, Rebecca! It's funny and well designed and put together. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a Great Funny Tag! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Tag.. I'm still smiling. You did such a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag. What a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I L.O.V.E. this tag...
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh met so many men like that hee hee - great tag - jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag still chuckling

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a laugh out of this one! Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rebecca, I am sorry it took me so long to comment on your tag. When I first checked out your link last week I could not find your tag on your blog. I then forget in the craziness of the week to come back and check again. Sorry about that. A very unique and creative tag, btw!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!