Monday, June 28, 2010

Bed Rest and Belize

Well, darn. I'm having a bit of a relapse and it's bringing me down. This illness cycles, I know that, but I always am disappointed when this part comes around, as if it were not expected. I know I deliberately don't think about it, because it is so discouraging, BUT I have to say - I am really MUCH better than I was last year at this time!! I'm just going to have to rest, so I can be up and creating and doing things in a shorter time than if I don't. No whining!!! Do what you need to do!!

I did manage to get an ATC done for a group I'm in on Swap-Bot. We have been taking world tours, and the last one was in Poland (see Powitanie). This time we are going to Belize, land of Mayan ruins, beautiful beaches and tropical plants and animals. Here is my swap image:



I used a clip art copy of a Mayan face from an 1920's hotel ad, altered it with metallic pens and Sharpies, drew palm trees, water and sand on the bottom of the image, put it over an old map copy, added Distress Inks, colorful trim and an old jewelry finding. 

I love old junky jewelry that's past its prime! This was an old fake gold earring part. A pair of jewelers pliers is about all it takes to transform some out of date fashion into a zing for an art piece. I have quite a collection of it, from my own days and a boxfull one of my sisters sent me a few months back when she was cleaning out her own accessories. And when I have the energy to visit a junk shop or antique store, I look for cheap jewelry trinkets to add to my stash. I have been able to make some really neat, one of a kind pieces of art from these fashion rejects!

Well, to follow my own advice, I'm going to rest. Tag Tuesday is tomorrow and I want to have enough energy for that at least! 

Have a great Monday!


4 comments:

  1. makes me want to visit the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog name....So glad to meet a new sorority sister....Hope you will stop by and visit me...I have a giveaway I am drawing for tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful ATC.. Looks like it would have been fun to make.. I love how you used the old jewelry.
    I'm so sorry to hear your not feeling well.. I hope you got some rest and ready to make a Tag for Tag Tuesday...

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my new blogger sister. I'm glad to met you. Best regards from Zagreb, Croatia. Sandra Z.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!