Friday, June 25, 2010

Long week!

This has been a busy week in a lot of ways. I'm still trying to get all the impatiens into the ground, and have to do it in very small spurts, especially since the heat is up. This is a much hotter June than we had last year. I can still sit on the porch watching the birds as I have breakfast, but it heats up pretty quickly after that. I am doing more art as I feel stronger, and I have been able to rest more frequently. I think I am finally learning to pace myself as the strength slowly returns. The reservoir runs out pretty quickly!


I did several art projects this week. In addition to swaps for ATCs and Skinnys, I did a few different things. I came across the blog Gingersnap Creations and they have several neat challenges running on different Wednesdays of each month. For the GC #57 Wings Challenge I submitted this:



It is a Skinny I did a while back. I stamped and embossed the wings on aluminum tape, dyed them with alcohol inks and cut them out. I really like the effect! It has old music and title from a 1919 song sheet, Sakura pens for accent, distressed inks and a 9 from Tim Holtz. I love just about everything from Tim Holtz! Anyway, embossing on aluminum tape is a lot of fun. The same site has a Shades Of Blue Challenge so I designed this:


Materials used are 5 x 7 cardstock, blue distressed inks, rubber stamps, Gel pens, Stardust pens, vintage music sheet with blue printing from my stash, aluminum tape stamped and embossed with birds and dyed with blue alcohol inks, and sides are edged with silver leafing pen. Check out the site for other challenges, too. What do you think? I have these both on separate pages on my blog, but there is no space for comment, which is disappointing. 

And the Bloggerette Sorority had its Rush Day today! To see more about that, view the prior post. I have been visited by some very lovely sisters and it's been enjoyable seeing what everyone did with the photo we were given. 

I received some wonderful postcards from China, Belarus, Italy, and other places this week. I designed two art postcards to send to my sisters, both of whom are dealing with health issues, and I'm working on another project for a friend. Now, though.......I need to go rest! 

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. yay, mom!
    I like the red wings with the yellow nine. red and yellow look so good together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these projects are gorgeous! I just love all the yummy layers in your "Blue" card - the collage and the textures are wonderful. Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap!!! (P.S. For some reason, I couldn't leave a comment when I clicked the link directly to the project - I had to hit the "home" button and now can comment. Blogger can be so weird!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love both these cards! so glad you were chosen as home page artist at GC as that brought me here to see your lovely works. love the blue, too. it is deep and rich and beautiful. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is beautiful! I'm so glad you found us at Gingersnaps Creations - visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!