Friday, August 6, 2010

Cat Pinwheel Card

One of my sisters loves to get my art cards and treasures them all, so it is a delight to design things for her. She has had some health issues stemming from a fall at her job so getting mail is doubly pleasurable these days. 
(click on picture to view details)
One Cat......
I used the pinwheel technique from TJ's latest newsletter and then attached an old Coke bottle cap that I had flattened with a hammer. Inside the bottle cap is a vintage image of cats, which was covered with Diamond Glaze and allowed to dry making it look like the image was under glass. The stamp sentiment is from Scrolls Works and it is an apt one for her! I used a paper punch for the corners and then added them to the bottom area, outside of the brads.

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Sister Bloggerette! I just found your link through your comment on Sew Loquacious....also a Sister! Your blog name intrigued me....I'm The Stone Rabbit! I am sorry your sis is having health issues...but I'm certain that card of yours cheered her up! I love cats, too, and I am currently owned by two. .. so that little text on the card really appealed to me.

    It was great to find your blog!! dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the greatest sis!!! Your cards always come at the exact moment that I need some sparkle in my life and you always provide that with your awesome cards!

    This one is especially dear because you know how much I love my cats, well all cats, and it was delightful to find it in my mail!!!

    I am so thankful to have you as my sister!

    Love you bunches,
    Judy
    Lead on Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!