Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tag Tuesday-Dress Form

A variation on the Tag idea today!  Sarah at Vintage Figments is guest hosting today and our theme is a dress form template found on Mirkwood Designs.

FLY STEAMPUNK
(click for closer view)

Now, I will be the first to say that I went a little crazy with this! I wanted to do something different and ended up spending most of the day on it, and dragging out all kinds of bins and lidded containers as I searched through almost everything on my shelves. As anyone who has been following me knows, I have ME/CFS (severe chronic fatigue) and now I am truly worn out! But it was fun to do and yes, it's different! I used Tim Holtz paper for the background, rubber stamps are by Oxford Impressions, and the dress form is a vinyl wall paper scrap. Also on there is a zipper head, watch parts, a smiley face charm, a Coke charm, number eyelets, sequins, and an antique enamel French number plate with brads; sides are edged with Silver Leaf pen. Some of the metallic things are reflecting light and look reddish, but they are silver. The paper looks as if it may be rippling, but it isn't.

It may be busy, but it's not boring! Now I have to pick up my studio.

Perhaps later. ;)

12 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, this is so much fun! I love all of the pieces/parts that you artfully combined to make this a most interesting and whimsical character. Hope you didn't wear yourself out doing all of that digging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great :) yay for putting little bits and bobs to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my , he is just glorious grunge!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - I love this guy! I even have that chain you placed around his neck! Awesome down to the goggles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome tag!! I love how you created your mannequin in the steampunk style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an stunning steampunk creation!!!
    Beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! Your tag is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh How FUN!!! I Love it, Steampunks Rocks!
    Love his arms, So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made the most unique tag. WOW. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm missing words, this is a FANTASTIC piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Total schön, es gibt so viel zu entdecken.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!