Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Butterflies

Today's tag challenge at  Kard Krazy was butterflies. 
(click for better view)

I used part of an old French music sheet as the background, layered an information scrap torn from an old nature book and then used an old image of butterflies and a dandelion, altered with Spica pens. Watercolor pencils, distress inks, and sheer multicolored ribbon were incorporated into the piece. There is gold leafing around the outside of the tag, but it's not showing very well.

18 comments:

  1. oo, the multicolored ribbon sets it off perfectly! :) I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's beautiful too! Love the coloring on the butterflies!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara
    Moore Whimsies

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I'm so glad I did the enlargement thing. Gorgeous details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colors and vibrant images! Tag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Like Tabitha, I especially like the multicolored ribbon, and the photo corners that just ties it all together. The butterflies are so energetic and I really like the ability to enlarge the photos of your work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the collaged butterfly garden, Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collage idea, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are beautiful! Love the butterflies & dandelion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the layers, the collage is gorgeous... I can see the gold leafing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag. I love all of the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, such a lovely szene. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful tag.. I love all those bright colors...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tag! I love your use of old and scrap images to make something so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!