Monday, August 23, 2010

Something New

I have been wanting to submit something to Mixed Media Monday and today I had the time and energy to do just that. I went in a bit of a different direction, just to flex my artistic muscles. The theme is "Seeing Red".

BUCKLE DOWN
(click on picture to view details)

I covered a canvas board with a copy of collaged scraps that I made a while back. I've had this ornate piece of jewelry for a some time and it always reminds me of a buckle. I also had three old metal springs which I stretched out, attached to the jewelry buckle, and then attached an old buckle to each end. The large piece is attached with black brads to the board. Turned out pretty well, I think!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful assemblage and presented so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job on your art piece there sister!

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder combination of colors, and you are right--it does look like a buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece of art you've created. I've got a jar full of buckles... maybe I'll do something like this too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors remind me of a mixture of fall and summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful piece, Rebecca! I am so glad you joined in the fun on Mixed Media Monday and I hope we get to enjoy lots more of your art!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!