Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Ancestral

Louise always gives us such great challenges at Kard Krazy and today's was in a different direction - scrapbook a tag. Something to tell a story, something to share about your history, recent or ancestral. I chose my great great grandfather.


Lt. Col. Daniel Livingston
(click for details)
Lt. Col. Daniel Livingston served in the Confederate States Army and he was wounded at Second Manassas and Sharpsburg. Regardless of the ongoing heated political debate about the American Civil War, I am proud of my great great grandfather's service. I have studied our family history and the events that touched my family personally, so it has more meaning for me than just the fact the he was in the CSA.

This tag has a background of a copy of Confederate script (money), a copy of a letter in his handwriting, his photo in uniform, his gravestone photo, decorative black braid and a small bead and metal embellishment.

17 comments:

  1. Wow I love your artwork and your choice of models! Great work.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara
    Moore Whimsies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    This is an awesome tag! Looks great. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2010/08/tag-tuesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag! You did a beautiful historic tag. My ggrandfather was in the CSA, captured and kept in Richmond. At the end of the war he was released and he walked home to Memphis, Tennessee. Look that up on a map and remember there were no US highways or interstates then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic tag and I love the history of your ancestor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca, this is wonderful! I love the history here....and I must say you have squeezed an awful lot of history onto one little tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful (and meaningful) Rebecca! How great it is to know your family's history! I especially appreciate your grandfather's handwritting. A loved one's handwritting is unique and recognizable...something to cherish.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you have a letter from him. This is such a great history tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the kind of art I love--what a wonderful piece of family history you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was one of our ancestors. You are awesome in doing so much research on our family and this is an excellent piece that commemorates just a small bit of it. Actually, you are awesome period!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tag and the history behind it. I've traced my gr-gr-gr-grandfather's years as a Union soldier - including a year as a POW at Libby and Danville prisons in Virginia. Fortunately, he made it home! My gr-gr-grandmother was the first kid born after his return!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag, and such a personal story. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what memorial to your great great grandfather!!!! One to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just tooooo cool. Love the monument along with his picture in uniform. So many
    personal touches, love the handwriting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow to have a picture of your Great great in uniform is so awesome. You have done a beautiful job with this.Have a blessed week. Please come by and visit. Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!