Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Couple of ATCs

After recovering from my Steampunk binge, I realized I needed to get some other things done on my art obligation list. I was just invited to join the ATCDivas group and am participating in the August swap. One thing that is different about it, is that you must create 6 ATCs as near alike as possible. That's new for me! It will take some planning to do a quality ATC but at the same time, simple enough to make several without wearing yourself out. This is my first one, the August theme is Juicy Fruit (and all 6 are ready to go!):
AUGUST FRUIT
It has to have layers and it has to be using some kind of technique. For this I did a tape transfer of a piece of Victorian fruit image ephemera in my stash. I then stamped a small tag with a background stamp from Stampers Anonymous, colored it with distress ink, and put the tape transfer on it. I used colored fibers and sequins and distress ink to finish it off. The background calendar is from Tim Holtz.

The next ATC is for a series of swaps touring different countries in Asia; this month we are in Mongolia.
MONGOLIAN WARRIOR
For this I used an ancient painting of a Mongolian warrior, deepened the color with Spica pens and added a bit of fancy ribbon. Then I dyed a small sheet of acrylic with alcohol inks and added that as a top layer, one of my favorite techniques.

Hope your Wednesday has been a good one!



1 comment:

  1. Your cards are absolutely terrific! I'm sorry to say I have no idea how you do them, but they are gorgeous!
    Angela
    www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Please leave a comment - they mean a lot.
Thanks for coming by to visit!